Save Our Valley Incorporated Bardwell Park, Earlwood, Turrella was formed in July 2017, when local residents and business owners became concerned about the NSW Government’s lack of communication about its plans for facilitating high density housing development in these areas, specifically the Planning Precincts for Turrella and Bardwell Park.
Save Our Valley is incorporated with the Department of Fair Trading as a non-profit community group, made up of local volunteers. We are not affiliated with any political organisation or party. For details about our registration please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save Our Valley’s aims are to:
- alert the local community to the State Government’s development plans for the suburbs of Bardwell Park, Bardwell Valley, Earlwood and Turrella.
- address issues arising from the Planned Precinct proposals and potential rezonings in those suburbs
- act as a channel for the community to express its concerns about the proposals
- advocate for outcomes that respect the rights and values of local residents and business owners and are compatible with the local topography, amenity and heritage.
Save Our Valley’s objectives are:
- Consultation with community
- Appropriate planning
- Planning for entire suburbs – planning for infrastructure, transport, residential scale and community amenity
- Mandated community infrastructure
- Mandated open space and environmental amenity
- Air quality – ensure no further deterioration
- Jobs and businesses – save local jobs and maintain local businesses